Campiglia Marittima can be defined as the natural oasis of the cyclist. They are hundreds of kilometers of road composed of soft slopes that allow tourist trips for occasional visitors, but also steep slopes that allow challenging outings for the most passionate cyclists.
In a short time you can reach the Metalliferous Hills, the Pisan hills and the valley of the river Cecina, the villages Sassetta, Castagneto Carducci and Bolgheri. Beautiful scenic roads, surrounded by woods, olive trees and small villages set in the Tuscan countryside.
FOR TREKKING AND MONTAINBIKING FANS
A few kilometers from the sea, Campiglia is visited every year by hundreds of Trekking and Mountainbiking hikers. Hundreds of kilometers of paths, walkable and on foot, suitable for all needs and varying degrees of difficulty. All opportunatings marked and mapped.
Within a few hours walk you can reach archaeological treasures of impressive beauty, such as the Rocca di San Silvestro, white cathedral immersed in the Archaeological Park and San Silvestro Mining, on the slopes of Monte Calvi, also reachable on a marked trail.
Or, on the contrary, a nice walk towards the Tyrrhenian coast, reaching the wonderful Rimigliano Park, a strip of forest on the sea that starts from San Vincenzo to the Baratti Park. Or simply a beautiful walk on the sea coast, especially indicated during the low season, when the bathers’ assumption highlights its landscape aspects.
FOR THE RUNNING AND JOGGING FANS
Impossible to resist the urge to wear a pair of running shoes and venture on the marked trails that surround Campiglia.
A maze of paths, dirt roads, cross roads that intersect and allow beautiful workouts or more simply an hour of healthy morning Jogging.
FOR WATER SPORTS FANS
Diving, diving, sport fishing, sailing, surfing, kite-surfing, windsurfing, sup, and so on and so forth. The Tuscan archipelago offers a natural environment for the realization of these sports.
FOR SPORTS FISHING LOVERS
A sea full of fish and underwater beauty is the destination all year round of these sports enthusiasts.
FOR HORSE FANS
There are many stables in the area that offer the opportunity to venture on the trails around Campiglia and towards the sea.
TRAVEL ON MOTORCYCLE
Easily accessible by motorbike through the beautiful hills of Tuscany, Campiglia Marittima is the ideal starting point for dozens of tours in the inland Tuscany. Siena can be reached through an itenerary rich in curves and breathtaking views.
Pitigliano, Sovana and the Terme di Saturnia, can be reached in a few hours through the magnificent territory of the Tuscan Maremma.
Campiglia Marittima operates the Bifora Sports Group, a group of volunteers available to act as guides for trekking, running, mountaibiking and roadbiking excursions. The route maps are available at all Campiglia accommodation facilities.
- GS La Bifora – Sports Group with the aim of having fun exploring the territories of the Etruscan Coast. Trekking, running, cycling and mountain biking – mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – tel. 348 4112875 – Facebook
- Centro del ciclo – Via Largo Berlese, 12 San Vincenzo – mail: email@example.com – tel. 0565 704488 – 347 6255720
- MastroBike 2 – Via D.Alighieri, 75 Venturina Terme (LI) – tel. 366 4189685 – 340 2581478
Motorbike and scooter rentals:
- Motoraduno – Strada per Campiglia, 7 San Vincenzo (LI) – www.motoradunosanvincenzo.it – firstname.lastname@example.org – tel. 392 3004353
Cycling tourism guides:
- Mark Mahan – Italian Cycle tour organizer, guide – email@example.com – tel. 328 8710204 – 0565 838737
- Silvia Parietti – Cycle tour guide – www.tuscanylovebike.it – tel. 339 2100298
- Stefano Sorresina – MTB guide – www.enogastrobike.it – tel. 3473737441
- Gym Morphe – www.centromorphe.it
- Sporting Club Venturina – Via delle Terme, 2 57021 Venturina Terme (LI) – www.sportingclubventurina.it – firstname.lastname@example.org – tel. 0565 880040 – 338 4139814
- Gym Dna – San Vincenzo – www.palestradnasanvincenzo.it – 329 7488803
Surf and sail:
- Tutun Club Surf & Sail – San Vincenzo – www.tuntunclub.it – 0565 719537
- Center Velico Baratti – Gulf of Baratti – www.centrovelicopiombinese.it – 348 4036834 / 340 8994598
- Equestrian Center il Felciaino – Campiglia Marittima – 0565 838750
- Fishing Center Arcipelago Toscano – Marina di Salivoli, Piombino – www.marcomeloni.it – 333 6408234